Store Manager - Bay Centre - Victoria, BC
Ann-Louise Jewellers is a leading Canadian jewellery retailer in B.C. and Alberta. Established in 1983, our reputation has been built on quality, value, and excellence in service. We pride ourselves with assisting our customers to make that special moment extra memorable. Our products include our own line of fine diamond and coloured stone jewellery, as well as world renowned brands such as Bulova, and Citizen,
The company is seeking a Store Manager for its store location at The Bay Centre in Victoria, BC. This would be an excellent opportunity for those wanting to be an entrepreneur and to run a store like an independent business. Our company offers a tremendous amount of autonomy in this position and would be particularly appealing to those wanting to learn, grow, and manage people.
The job duties include the following:
- Supervising the day to day operations of the store.
- Creating a talent pipeline by exploiting all recruitment channels, including social media, hiring sites, and personal networking.
- Training retail associates to ensure that the customer experience reflects our values and our brand.
- Laying out a career path for associates to provide growth opportunities and to attract the best people.
- Supporting and coaching employees to reach their goals and targets through an objective assessment structure, including measurement tools and metrics.
- Maintaining and growing the store’s clientele base.
- Providing the best possible customer service and formulating ways to enhance the customer experience.
- Assessing, recommending, and implementing ways to improve the merchandising strategy of the store.
- Updating displays and store layout to enhance the look and attractiveness of the store.
- Provide feedback and work with senior management to improve operations.
The candidate should have the following qualities:
- Minimum of five years in customer service.
- Proven track record of hiring strong talent and team building in another organization.
- Jewellery experience and knowledge would be an asset, but is not required.
- An entrepreneurial mind with leadership type qualities.
- Organized, be able to work independently, and have the ability to take initiative to run the store as their business.
What We Offer:
- Full benefits package (after 3 months probation)
- Employee discounts on merchandise
- Supportive work environment
This position would be a rewarding career opportunity for those who want to take the next step and implement business ideas for their store. Our company is committed to supporting this candidate to flourish in their role and to achieve their goals.
To apply, please forward your resume to email@example.com. In addition, please include to a cover letter that briefly summarizes your management philosophy. Only candidates that are selected for interviews will be contacted.
We thank you for your interest.